Most of us are concerned with body fat around our midsections, and while that is justifiable, your actual gut might be the underlying culprit behind a slew of potential health issues. Gut health is linked to several chronic health conditions that we all should be aware of, many of which are not necessarily related to being overweight. As more and more research is done, it’s clear that this isn’t just another trend to disregard. This is why we included probiotics as one of the four blends in our Superfood Raw greens mix drink.
So, why is a healthy gut such a big deal?
Let’s start with the microbiome or the bacteria and microorganisms in your gut. What foods you eat, your genetics, and even your stress levels significantly influence its balance of good and unhealthy bacteria. Ideally we want a diverse microbiome, meaning there is a wide variety of organisms or bacteria in our gut. Less diversity, or an imbalance of harmful bacteria over good bacteria (also called dysbiosis), is when disease can make itself at home.
Obviously, digestive health is an indicator of whether things are functioning correctly, but an unhealthy gut may also be linked to cancer, diabetes, heart disease, weak immune system , and even depression and allergies , .
This is where probiotics can be a worthy addition to your healthy lifestyle, aside from just weight loss purposes. Probiotics can also assist with weight loss . According to studies, these small organisms (bacteria and yeasts) can help keep your microbiome in check and may improve symptoms of the diseases mentioned above.
A healthy microbiome also means positive effects on conditions like IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), diarrhea, and respiratory tract infections . And there is more to be discovered within these popular yet mysterious organisms.
Keep in mind, the food you eat can either help or hinder the GI system as well (read: not make up for bad eating habits). Probiotics are also found in foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, yogurt, kefir, kombucha, and tempeh. Also, make sure you consume these foods, and probiotics in general, in the recommended dosages or servings. Too much of anything isn’t always better for you!
If you don’t regularly eat these items or don’t prefer them, it may be beneficial for you to implement a probiotic supplement. We included 2.5 billion units of probiotics in Superfood Raw to keep your gut bacteria balanced and lead you to a healthy GI system. And rather than add one more pill to the pile every morning, we made it easy by combining it with fruits, sea vegetables, and greens – consider our Superfood Raw tub your piggy bank of health benefits that you’ll never have to empty!
1. Zhang, Yu-Jie et al. “Impacts of gut bacteria on human health and diseases.” International journal of molecular sciences vol. 16,4 7493-519. 2 Apr. 2015.
2. “The Gut-Brain Connection.” Harvard Health, Harvard Health Publishing, https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/the-gut-brain-connection.
3. Pascal, Mariona et al. “Microbiome and Allergic Diseases.” Frontiers in immunology vol. 9 1584. 17 Jul. 2018.
4. Sanchez, Marina, et al. “Effect of Lactobacillus Rhamnosus CGMCC1.3724 Supplementation on Weight Loss and Maintenance in Obese Men and Women.” Canadian Journal of Diabetes, vol. 37, 28 Apr. 2014.
5. Chapman, C. M. C., et al. “Health Benefits of Probiotics: Are Mixtures More Effective than Single Strains?” European Journal of Nutrition, vol. 50, no. 1, 2011, pp. 1–17.
ON THIS BLOG
Superfood Raw Green Juice Mix
Get Nature’s Most Powerful Superfoods in one scoop and 30 seconds a day without all the hassle and expenses of juicing. Now you can be confident that you are getting everything you need for optimal health!
- Increase Overall Energy
- Reduce / Eliminate Bloating
- Support Gut Health
- Empower Your Immunity